Saturday, January 26, 2008

She did it!! She WON!!

My Budding Champion!!

HOORAY FOR KRISTA! The rhythmic gymnastics season is off to a great start! This evening Krista won her first competition....scoring 117 points! I'm so happy for her. She REALLY wanted to win and worked her hardest to make that happen. She even set a few "personal bests" tonight. In one activity they have to do a back bend and then the judges measure the distance between the hands and feet. The heels have to be FULLY down and the arms have to be straight. The judges have tape measures and measure the distance from hand to toes on the mat. Well to my GREAT surprise Krista walked her hands and feet ALL THE WAY in TO ZERO. She had no distance between her hands and feet!! The team's president said that we could fit Krista into a matchbox! I'll have to take a picture of her doing that, it is really something---although a little painful to imagine doing. I was getting it on video so I missed the photo op, but at least I have it on video. In the picture of her doing the back bend below, she has at least 30 cm there....so imagine a ZERO! I was so happy for her. She did SO well. Next up after the club test is the city compeition and then the regional. The points of this compeition go towards the final score which will be calculated by adding up the club, city and regional competitions.





1 comment:

4 in 4 said...

Wow, That is terrific! Way to go Krista! She must be so excited and proud of all of her excellent achievements (and so must you)!