Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother...1913-2007


I posted a few weeks back about my Grandma and how her time was drawing to a close. Sadly on Saturday November 17th at 11:50 pm my Grandma passed away. She was my only remaining grandparent-- the only link to my childhood days of grandparents. She died quietly in her home, not from illness, but from the tiredness of old age. She died in the same room where her husband passed away years earlier. She lived 94 wonderful years and we will all miss her dearly. I will be off to America with Kaitlyn for the funeral in a week. It is the end of an era for me. I have such fond memories of Grandma from my childhood days and of special holiday celebrations and visits with my grandparents--but even more so of my Grandma, as my Grandfather passed away when I was only 10. I am so thankful that we were able to see her this summer when she was strong and doing well. My children have wonderful memories of their Great-Grandma also. It is amazing that they were able to know her and will always remember her.

1 comment:

4 in 4 said...

Awww. Kelly, I am so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. Have a safe trip home and try to enjoy the time with family in this sad time.
Love
Alex