Sunday, July 05, 2009

My 36th Birthday!


















On Thursday I celebrated my 36th birthday! What a FANTASTIC year 35 was for me. I really hit the jackpot when I blew out my candles last year, as ALL of my wishes came true! I am very thankful for my wonderful family and all the blessings we had this year. It was a BIG year with the birth of little Evan and I just pray that our blessings will continue. Now hitting 36 I can see 40 coming fast, but I guess I'm still comfortably in the 30's :) I know that this is a time in my life that I will always look back on fondly. Sure it is crazy, loud, busy and cluttered around here at times, but these are the years I will want to remember forever. I love that the kids are still small and I can still scoop them all up and they aren't too big yet to 'hang out' with Mom! I'm loving every age and stage now and feel so blessed to be living my dream.

When I woke up on Thursday I saw a HUGE tower of gifts. Toomas is infamous for wrapping small gifts in big boxes, but to my surprise this wasn't a trick! When I opened my gifts later in the evening, I realized that this was an awesome family gift, one that will be appreciated over and over again... This WEBER GAS GRILL! We've been talking about getting a grill for the patio for some time now, but just haven't done it...the electric one we had (as a gift a few years back from the Estonians when we moved into our rental house) was doing the trick. Last night when we grilled out, I realized HOW MUCH I missed real grilled food. Grilling out is SUMMER in a nutshell for me. I can't wait to get used to our new grill and make some super summer meals out on the terrace. We flip flopped in our decision between charcoal and gas, but in the end Toomas went with gas. The convenience just can't be beat. You can cook out every night and enjoy the grill so much more than with charcoal. The prep time is ZERO and the taste is nearly as flavorful. It is cleaner (no major smoke) and in my opinion beats the charcoal grill when you consider the convenience and ease. The electric grill we had was WEAK in the flavor department, but this Weber just can't be beat! Toomas bought me a cake from 'Patrick' downtown...a TRIPLE (yes you read that right), TRIPLE chocolate mouse cake. Oh my..words cannot describe what a treat that was! :)

So... now that my birthday has passed we are finally FINISHED with the birthday season. April is busy with both Erik and Kaitlyn...but then June and early July are insane. We have Toomas, Krista and myself in a 3 week span...along with our wedding anniversary! This, coupled with the end of the year school chaos, Krista's First Communion, the Neighborhood party etc. makes for very little blog time! I have TONS of pictures and clips though, so hopefully I'll get a few posts up soon! :) HAPPY belated 4th of July to all fellow Americans! We grilled out last night to celebrate :)

1 comment:

4 in 4 said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Enjoy that grill. You will love it. Try grilling corn on it still in the husk. Delish!