Monday, January 26, 2009

He's Here!!!! Evan has arrived!!! And 10 day appointment Update

We have BABY NEWS!!!!

I'm very happy to announce that Evan Thomas has arrived, safe and sound!


Baby Stats:

========================
Name:
Evan Thomas
Birth Date: January 15th, 2009
Time:
11:30 a.m.
Weight:
3,850 grams / 8 pounds, 7 oz.
Length: 53 cm / 21 inches
Apgar: 10

I just wrote out Evan's birth story (which happens to be 5 pages long!). You can read the full story on my pregnancy blog: http://www.fourforme.blogspot.com/ In a nutshell it was just the PERFECT experience. I had the labor and delivery of my dreams (and baby of my dreams to boot!) and I feel so feel very complete with the whole experience! With each child I have become a bit more and more precise (and demanding) about how I dream my labor will be....and since this was my last baby, I'm just SO happy that it went so perfectly. For now here are a few pictures of my labor and delivery and the moments after the birth. I have a zillion photos to come of our hospital stay so check the pregnancy blog :)

This is the natural labor and delivery room where I delivered Evan.

Isn't it gorgeous!! I was SOOOOO hoping to have the natural delivery room available and it was. That big round tub there was my LIFESAVER! It was certainly what got me through it. I also used the tub during my natural delivery with Kaitlyn but this time I stayed in the water until the pushing phase. It was AMAZING to feel the relaxation of the hot water!Me in labor. This photo was taken at 10:40. I was only 50 minutes away from meeting our new baby!
And...HERE HE IS!!! Just moments after his birth... SO VERY NEW!!!


And now...Here we are 10 days later! The little man has settled into our family SO nicely and is just such a precious blessing for us!!




Evan is now 1.5 weeks! He is just the BEST baby ever and reminds me a lot of both Kaitlyn, who slept ALL the time for the first 2 months... and Erik who was ultra laid back. I am just so thrilled that he has joined our family. It still seems unreal that he is here, safe and sound!!! Today we went to the hospital for our "breastfeeding consultation"..this is where they weigh the baby and make sure there are no problems. Everything looked wonderful! Evan is back at his birthweight (EXACTLY) and they said it was super considering he lost the 10% of his birthweight. He went from 3,515 grams to 3,850 grams in 10 days. I pray that he keeps gaining well and at this rate. He is actually blessing me now with SLEEP at night. He has gone for a 4 hour nightly sleep stretch for the last 4-5 days. He also sleeps a LOT during the day and usually eats every 3 to 3.5 hours. So far so good! I'm tired but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!
Seeing him in his little bed is so surreal. I spent all of these months preparing his room...making everything just right and now all of a sudden, in the blink of an eye, he is here in his little bed!!! Less than 2 weeks ago he wasn't even born and now I feel like I've known him all my life!!!

1 comment:

4 in 4 said...

Awwww. Kelly, he is beautiful. Just gorgeous. Absolutely precious! I wish I could reach through the computer and snuggle him right now. Congratulations again!
Love
Alex