Thursday, January 29, 2009

More pictures and updates


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Evan!! Today Evan is 2 weeks old and I'm happy to say that we are now through the two roughest weeks and into the settling-in period! The last few weeks have been TIRING but oh so exciting! I have NEVER been able to rest during my stay in the hospital and end up leaving feeling EXHAUSTED! Unfortunately the hospital routine is much too busy with frequent visits by doctors and mid-wives during the day, and then nighttime usually means frequent feedings and very little rest. Thankfully when I returned home Toomas and his Mom were there to let me rest. That helped me so much! Toomas is still home now so I'm managing to take a nap during the day and also have help with the cooking and laundry!

Evan has almost mastered latching (at least on one side he's all set) and I'm no longer sore for breastfeeding so this is all good news! Those first 10 days were SO hard! I've turned the corner now, but Evan STILL needs to figure how to latch better on the right side. We're getting there though, little by little.

Krista had an award ceremony last Thursday and received a medal for her excellent work in Rhythmic Gymnastics. She placed first on her team and had an outstanding indivdual season! Now the group season begins and she will start competing in the duo category. Their first competition is in February! GO KRISTA and CHARLOTTE!

Today we headed to the photographer and picked out our favorite photos for the album and announcements. The pictures were SO good..Espcially the family photos and the photos of Toomas and myself with Evan. I LOVE THEM! The kids all had their portraits taken while holding Evan and those are so special also!!! Even Kaitlyn did wonderfully. I'm 100% happy with the shoot and that is saying something!!!! I also took a lot of portraits of Evan myself over the last week and I'll post those soon. I got some keepers for sure.

For now here are a few photos of the last week...ENJOY!!! I know I sure am enjoying EVERY second of snuggling little Evan. He is just SO precious and soft! I think I kiss him a ZILLION times a day. Here he is with Vanaema last week before she left.
Toomas and his Mom with her 4 grandkids...
Krista's award ceremony... They recognized all athlethes that excelled in their specialty.

Evan in the sling... I also want to point out the homecoming sign that Krista made and the blue balloons on the window. Toomas decorated the front door too with streamers and balloons so when we came home from the hospital it was all decked out!!! I have some other shots of the beautiful flowers and our homecoming day that I will post also.
So that is it for today. Stay tuned for more udates on baby Evan and family :)

No comments: