Friday, April 09, 2010

Front Page Explore!

Gosh..I will do two separate posts. Today was a big day for my photos. As you all know I stopped posting publicly on Flickr when a few of my photos were "borrowed"... I can't say blatently stolen, because the individuals still left my watermark on the photo, but they used them on their personal blog sites. I was also infomed that one of my photos was available as a wallpaper download (computer background). Luckily that site was shut down. Needless to say I decided to post privately. Well yesterday I uploaded one photo (the winning photo from last month's dgrin contest) and thought it was set to "Friends and Family". I was WRONG. I logged onto Flickr later in the evening only to find dozens and dozens of comments...I had it set as a public photo. Well, I didn't remove it (and I had uploaded a minimal file---only large enough for proper web viewing and not printing) so I left it. Today I was welcomed with a message that this photo has not only gone to Explore but it has hit the FRONT PAGE of Explore! This is a big deal for me as Explore photos are hard enough to get, but FP Explore, wow what an honor! I've only had one other..."The Three Little Bears". So here is the screenshot on Flickr's Front Page today :) So far in 24 hours some 75 favorites and nearly 900 views.

No comments: