Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Springtime fun!










I'm so glad the weather has "sprung"! Although today is chilly they promise more spring-like weather for tomorrow. We had a fun weekend in the yard. Toomas set up Erik's electric t-ball toy that he got from Santa. You step on the footpad and it feeds the ball onto the hanging tee...pretty fun! It is height adjustable so even Krista can play. We also planted flowers. I think I planted over 40 geranium plants around the house. Most are in planting boxes on the window sills...but I planted a few in the rock wall in the back yard. We went to a special botanical store, and since we had accumulated a lot of fidelity points from our purchases over the last few years we got a free gift. Krista selected a little strawberry planting garden. We'll see how they grow! :)

Tomorrow is Kaitlyn's birthday! THREE already! Wow. She is still a baby in so many ways, but 3 sounds so big. I'm proud to say that daytime potty training is accomplished (with the occasional accident), but we are nowhere near nighttime trained. She is wearing pull ups now which are thin and help "just in case" when we are out. Night time training isn't on the horizon. Kaitlyn is a grand sleeper and I want to keep it that way. She is still in her crib and loves it!! I'm happy to have her there since I know she will stay in bed for 12 hours. She is known to wake up asking for a drink, so with a full bladder it would be impossible to stay dry that long! She also drinks a lot of milk before bed (a habit we're trying to wean her from). When I was 7 months pregnant with Evan, I got a box of free newborn "trial" items from a French store and inside was an Avent bottle. Kaitlyn was 2 1/2 and had NEVER had a bottle in her life...well until that day! She snapped up the box..complete with a pacificer and bottle and has begged to use the "baby bottle" ever since. Yes, I caved in and gave her her FIRST bottle at age TWO and a HALF years! I thought she was joking in wanting to use it but she loved it. It is sort of a joke now but she honestly wants it. Erik was nursed for 3 years and never had a bottle in his entire life (not a single one). Kaitlyn nursed until 18 months and went directly to a real cup (not even a sippy)...then at 2.5 years old, the bottle arrived in the mail! Since I never bottle fed either her or Erik, I found it amusing at first..now I'm ready to pitch them. Trust me Evan will NOT see a bottle.... EVER! :)

No comments: