Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Tribute to "The Piparmobile"

Yes, you read it right "The Piparmobile". WHAT in the world is a Piparmobile you ask? Well it is our family's term for the Exersaucer/Entertainer/whatever-you-call it UFO thing that so happily resides my kitchen. In our family we call it "The Piparmobile" or simply "The Pipar" for short. A long, long time ago when Krista was only a few months old we called her our "Gingerbread baby" in Estonian---The word for gingerbread is Piparkook....so somehow, since it was her's, and she was "Pipar"... we nicknamed it the Piparmobile. It stuck.
    I found the Pipar here in France---TOTALLY by chance. This particular baby store only had ONE. It was a trial run with this product. It was their first and their only... and WE were there to claim it as our own!! Believe it or not, but it was way back in of 1999!! It has served this family for 3 children and 7 1/2 years! I am thankful for "The Pipar". It has made my days easier and Krista, Erik and Kaitlyn's days happier. Kaitlyn is STILL using The Pipar, but the days are numbered. I feel sad to think that instead of its noble and prime spot in the kitchen, it will be relocated to the dark, dusty basement in the upcoming months. Poor, poor, Pipar!!!!

    They've come a long way since 1999. Our pipar is a basic model. No lights, no music, no bouncing...just a colorful seat which spins 360 and a few token toys. Take a look at a "modern-day" piparmobile. They even call it the "Mega" model! A bit too much if you ask me, but I'm sure Kaitlyn would say otherwise. I don't know when we will bid farewell to our beloved Pipar. Kaitlyn is still is very, very happy in it. She is safe and content, and I get a lot accomplished in the kitchen as a result! I'll leave you with one last photo of our happy little blue-eyed baby in her very own Piparmobile!


1 comment:

Erin Crispin said...

The new exersaucers are definitely WAY too much, but it is all you can even find these days! In 2004 we got one and I think they have gotten even crazier since then!