Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Cookie Time

Christmas Cookie Baking!


We finally got cooking on the Christmas cookies! I'm happy to report that we now have about 5 dozen Christmas cookies to share and enjoy. Krista loved cutting out the dough and rolling it to the precise thickness this year. Erik on the other hand only wanted to do 3 cookies for himself (the nutcracker, santa and a rocking horse). He did enjoy frosting the cookies, but WATCH out for Erik's cookies--they are HEAVY on the frosting and decorations! Erik was too funny. He asked if the cookies had to "calm down" before we could eat them! Krista was my big help this year though..sticking in with me from start to finish (and even helping me remember what time I put the cookies in the oven!). Kaitlyn slept the whole time (THANKFULLY). I was dreading having to go pick her up with flour all over myself. We had a fun time and the end product is of course delicious!


2 comments:

Erin Crispin said...

Erik and Abby decorate their cookies the same! The more sugar the better! Great job Krista and Erik!

Lauren said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm enjoying not having older kids yet - I still get to lick the spoon & bowl!